Message Board -  General Discussion

[ Login ] [ Create Account ]
[ Board List ] [ View Board ] [ Post Reply ]
  Author  Subject: SUSE 10.2
Anonymous  

Posted on 02-05-2007 09:12 a.m. ET  reply

Recently I joined the Linux crowd because of the reasons many share (tired of giving Bill money and too poor for a Mac) and i picked this distro because a friend of mine said it was the best. While I am enjoying it, I have a slight problem that I hope you cna help me with.

When doing anything on the computer, typing, surfing, watching movies, etc... the screen on my Acer 19 inch LCD cuts in and out for a brief second. It does this every three minutes or so, which is quite aggravating. I only had this pronlem in windows, when running certain games, like Half Life 2. Now . . .

Anyway i may have to forgo the use of this machine alltogether if I cannot get a fix to this problem. Any ideas?
Anonymous  

Posted on 02-05-2007 09:29 a.m. ET  reply

It sounds like you have bad hardware--either your video card or your monitor. You may be able to avoid the problem by changing your resolution or refresh rate. Use the GUI or read about xorg.conf.
Anonymous  

Posted on 02-12-2007 12:02 p.m. ET  reply

As it turns out it was a motherboard problem as the video card and monitor have been working fine in their new enviroment. Thanks for the help

< Previous 1 Next >

Site Contents